What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial customers and partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for every user of Uptake’s industrial applications and enterprise AI and IoT platform. In the end, we help solve our customers hardest problems, help them re-image their businesses in an AI-first world, ultimately capitalizing on the promise of the digital transformation.
What You’ll Do:
Everyone on our team wears a lot of different hats, and we’ll expect whoever joins our team to do the same. Roles and responsibilities will include, but won’t be limited to, the following:
- Researching and upgrading internal controls, procedures and policies
- Assisting in consolidation of international entities
- Completing and supporting special projects aimed at improving our operational efficiency
- Various Month End close reporting and analysis
- Assisting in the documentation of key processes and key controls
- Working alongside the Legal team to assist with regulatory filings for city, state, and national entities
- 4+ years of Accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel
- Team player who can collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Organized, detail-oriented, and have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Is not intimidated by ambiguity
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Experience with Sage Intacct a huge plus
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.