IMC– Where Technology drives Trading
Trading nowadays happens in a highly competitive technological landscape; the best trading idea alone doesn’t cut it anymore. Instead, only the best trading ideas that are enabled via robust, scalable and fast technology win. Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
IMC is currently looking for a Senior Accountant to be a part of the US Finance Team. The Finance team operates closely with our trading and technology teams in order to manage the liquidity required to run a high performance organization.
As a Senior Accountant at IMC, you will....:
- Take ownership of the monthly close process by delivering consistent and accurate closings.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations for multiple entities.
- Assist in accounts payable and treasury management processes.
- Document and deliver support for various regulatory and financial audits.
- Manage inter-company recharges and allocations.
- Update and maintain procedural documentation.
- Collaborate with mid-office and analytics teams to produce reliable and timely reporting.
- Facilitate process improvement to reduce closing cycle time.
- Support various tax initiatives and deliverables.
- Contribute to the annual budget cycle.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA certification required, public accounting experience a plus.
- 3-7 years of experience in the financial services or technology industry.
- Experience with Workday Financials, NetSuite, Dynamics GP or similar ERP system.
- High proficiency in Excel required, Qlikview, SQL experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- A proactive attitude and an out of the box-thinker who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
We are at the core a trading firm, however we value trading and technology equally and we believe that cooperation between traders and technologists is one of our great strengths. This is also reflected in our organizational and remuneration policies. We believe in fostering a truly flat environment in which great ideas can be recognized as well as put into practice from anybody within our organization
WHO WE ARE:
IMC Financial Markets is among the world’s leading proprietary trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC Financial Markets is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.