Position at Community Brands
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we help more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,800 employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk we offer too). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
This Senior Accountant position will need to be team oriented and have experience with a fast-paced, dynamic work environment at a multi-entity organization. The position will assist with the day-to-day accounting operations including financial reporting, monthly close accounting, and budget to actual analysis. Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills are critical to the success of this position.
- Prepare, verify and control the entering of journal entries into the general ledger. Perform all tasks associated with the general ledger, i.e., enter/review/post monthly journal entries and execute monthly/year-end closing processes to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Evaluate subsidiary journals for obvious errors and omissions and enter corrected data into the general ledger.
- Analyze, reconcile and review general ledger accounts according to prescribed form and content.
- Lead ad-hoc projects to improve the accuracy of the financial statements and create a more efficient and collaborative environment. Projects can include implementing reconciliation software, assisting with new ERP conversions, due diligence on acquisitions, revenue recognition review and creating processes and policies for other teams to follow.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all accounting related software applications.
- Prepare/review monthly account reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts.
- Own the month end close checklist to ensure accurate completion per the month-end close schedule and report to management periodically on roadblocks being encountered during the close window.
- Monthly departmental P&L budget vs actual and preparation of departmental MD&A.
- Assisting with annual year-end financial statement audit including pulling support and schedules.
- Review and document current accounting practices and procedures. Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required (Master’s preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
- Familiarity with Intaact a plus
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities