Key responsibilities and duties
- Participate in the month-end close process by preparing journal entries and performing various asset and liability account reconciliations.
- Review balance sheet and income statement variances and prepare detailed analyses explaining the monthly and quarterly fluctuations.
- Assist Controller in daily accounting activities and month-end closing procedures.
- Conduct process reviews, perform controls testing, remediate control failures and proactively assess changes to the overall control environment.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests, including quarterly reviews and the year-end audit.
- Engage with Finance and Tax departments by providing general ledger detail and analysis for financial performance.
- Specific projects and other ad hoc assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA eligible, if not licensed
- Sound understanding of US GAAP
- 4 to 8 years of accounting experience
- Experience with general ledger/month-end close processes
- Prior consolidations experience and/or SEC reporting experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Workday Financial Management a plus
- Proficient with MS Office, with advanced Excel skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-environment
- Ability to assume additional responsibilities over time
- Ability to work through ambiguity
OneSpan offers the best of both worlds – a solid foundation that only an established global enterprise can provide, with the energy and creativity of an innovative start-up. In every role at OneSpan, you’ll contribute to the success of the most advanced security and e-signature technologies, and have opportunities to grow. You’ll continue your hands-on education through formal training and informal programs.