We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
In this role you will report to our Assistant Controller. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for monthly accounting and reporting duties, including the preparation and reconciliation of general ledger accounts and financial statements.
- Help with the month-end and year-end close processes, ensuring transactions are recorded in accordance with US GAAP and internal procedures, including:
- Preparation of adjusting journal entries
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Perform analytical procedures to understand the drivers behind changes
- Help prepare monthly financial statements
- Assist with the assessment and implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- Evaluate financial procedures and suggest process improvements
- Help coordinate external audits
- Perform accounting related projects as requested by management
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (Master’s degree in Accounting preferred)
- CPA preferred
- 2+ years Public Accounting (Big Four public accounting preferred)
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and financial reporting
- Proven track record for driving process efficiencies and solving problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines and drive them to completion
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel functionality, including pivot tables and v-lookups
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. OppLoans is ranked an Inc. 500 company for four straight years and named the fourth fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain’s Chicago Business. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you define your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, tuition reimbursement, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.