DialogTech provides the leading AI-driven conversation intelligence platform for marketers at businesses that value inbound phone calls. When consumers call, DialogTech turns those conversations into actionable insights businesses use to improve marketing ROI, increase sales conversions, and deliver more personalized customer experiences, both online and over the phone. Recognized as the leader and pioneer in call analytics since 2007, DialogTech is the trusted conversation intelligence platform for many of the world's most successful brands and agencies.
As our Senior Accountant, you will report directly to the Controller and have the opportunity to grow into an Assistant Controller role. You will play a critical role in handling the company’s accounting process, and in leading initiatives that will improve efficiency and insight in our business. You will also work closely with other departments and management to perform a variety of ad-hoc projects to support management analyses and decision-making.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate and complete monthly close and reconciliations; resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Work with other departments and business units to obtain information required for accounting analysis
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Find opportunities to improve processes and minimize inefficiencies
- Prepare monthly reporting package for lenders
- Support vendor management and procurement activities
- Compile and support external auditors’ requests for information and documentation
- Research and document new accounting pronouncements and accounting treatment of one-off scenarios
- Prepare analyses for management, Board
- Be responsible for the tax function, namely monthly, quarterly or annual sales tax and franchise tax filings and liaise with outside tax advisors for income taxes and other tax projects.
- Document policies, procedures and controls (and create where needed)
- Other ad hoc projects as needed
The skills and experience needed are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting + CPA certification required
- 3+ years of relevant, dynamic accounting experience (public accounting preferred)
- Proficient in Excel (required), accounting systems (NetSuite preferred) and other business software (Salesforce, Adaptive Insights, Tableau preferred)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently and independently
- A self-starter than can think critically in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present clear and well-documented findings and recommendations
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
- Attention to detail and organization skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours as needed during peak times (month end, quarterly Board meetings).
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment with interruptions.
- Desire and love to quickly learn our business and industry
Join us at one of the 101 Best and Brightest Places to Work in Chicago and nationally, 10 times running, Chicago Tribune's Top 100 Workplaces company and a 2017 Crain's Fast 50 company!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description