Senior Accountant at Optiver
Our Finance team is looking for a Senior Accountant to manage our monthly close and year-end audit, as well as the integrity and completion of financial, regulatory, and ad hoc reporting deliverables. As a Senior Accountant, you will play a key role in the business operations at Optiver, collaborating with team leads across the organization to support growth and efforts for continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate for this role is a highly motivated problem solver, who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves, dive into the details, and take on new challenges each day. This candidate should be able to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and have a strong desire to make important contributions to our finance function, keeping in mind accuracy, efficiency, and internal controls.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of our accounting records and manage the month-end close process for seven entities, ensuring timely completion and proper consideration of controls
- Manage ad hoc and regular financial reporting deliverables in both US GAAP and IFRS
- Facilitate regulatory reporting filings for US broker dealers and UK trading entities, monitoring ongoing compliance with net capital rules and regulations
- Prepare, review, and manage financial audit deliverables, while collaborating with external auditors
- Draft reconciliations, analyze trading results and expenses, and communicate findings
- Build new reports for clarity in review and assist in the maintenance of our accounting systems
- Drive continuous process improvement for accuracy, efficiency, and enhanced controls
- Collaborate with team leads on joint projects to support and add value to the business
- Manage, develop, and mentor junior team members
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience with financial reporting and audits are required
- Strong Excel and analytical skills, must be detail oriented with extensive experience dissecting data, problem solving, and completing challenging reconciliations
- Adaptability to changing/competing priorities, with the reliable and proven ability to produce quality deliverables within tight timeframes
- Ability to communication effectively and collaborate on complex matters
- Trading/financial services or adjacent industry experience is a plus
- US broker-dealer and UK/EU regulatory reporting experience is a plus
- NetSuite, Accrualify, and/or systems integration experience is a plus
- CPA license and/or Series 27 is a plus
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.
Given the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Optiver US is managing its business remotely. Please note this opportunity will not be remote long-term and employees will be expected to work in the office once it is safe to do so.