Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food delivery startup headquartered in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
About The Role
If you’re a proactive and self-motivated person, this is the role for you. Progressive experience in accounting operations, internal controls and financial systems is required, as well as the ability to interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, both internally and externally. The primary responsibility of this role is to be responsible over the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, and tax filings for the Australia entity. This role will report directly to the Accounting Manager based in the United States.
What you Will Do
- Initiating weekly, semi-monthly restaurant payout
- Maintaining general ledgers
- Performing account reconciliations
- Preparing federal, state, local and special tax filings
- Assisting with month end close
- Assisting with annual audit preparations
- Performing other accounting duties as assigned
- Assist with ad-hoc requests and projects as needed
What You Will Need
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience; preferably a combination of tech/venture backed/growth stage startup and public accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA certification
- Advanced spreadsheet skills with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data
- Strong systems knowledge and preferably experience with Netsuite/Stripe
- Working knowledge of tax laws
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a team player
- Mandarin language skill is preferred but not required
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.