Senior Accounting Manager
SPINS is seeking a world class Senior Accounting Manager to join its growing team.
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
- Partner with the Controller to oversee and manage the monthly close process. Assist with deliverables, prepare and review journal entries, account reconciliations and fluctuation analysis.
- Manage a team of accounting professionals including coaching, development and performance management.
- Perform technical accounting research to address complex accounting matters.
- Assist the Controller in developing internal control framework and accounting work flow utilizing NetSuite.
- Identify, create and improve processes to scale with Spins growth.
- Manage procure to pay cycle. Assist in designing and automating approval workflow and disbursement runs.
- Oversee revenue share agreements and supporting calculations to ensure cost of revenue is accurately reported and partners receive payment as agreed upon.
- Work with the Controller to assist with income taxes, regulatory filings and external audit requirements.
What you bring.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- 6-8+ years of experience, including previous experience in Accounting Manager or Senior Accounting role at a growth company. Big 4 experience preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to partner well with cross functional teams.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized individual with the ability to manage multiple assignments and work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to expand job responsibilities, suggest improvements, and collaborate with others to generate ideas for improved processes.
- Strong systems and technology experience to enable you and your team to leverage process automation where you can drive ROI.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, collaboration and consultative skills. Inquisitive and positive mindset in approaching complex problems.
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Convenient location at 222 W. Hubbard (between Wells & Orleans) with easy access to CTA and Metra in Chicago
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more