Senior Accounting Manager
Why our work matters
The healthcare industry is notoriously difficult to navigate. One third of the over $3 trillion spent on healthcare annually results from this complexity, and more than half of Americans don’t get care because of the price tag. Our mission is to simplify the healthcare experience in a way that provides access to better care at a lower cost.
Since 2014, HealthJoy has been committed to revolutionizing the way people access healthcare. Through an easy to use app that brings together healthcare information and on-demand help, we enable people to be more informed and confident when making decisions about their healthcare. It’s no small feat, but our work makes a significant difference in people’s lives.
Our team has compassion and energy for the problems we are solving. We hold ourselves accountable and deliver on ambitious, meaningful goals. Putting egos aside, we commit to doing what it takes to bring positive changes to our users. Everyone plays a role.
Together we are building the future of healthcare. Join us!
Your role in our mission
As the Senior Accounting Manager, you will be the first full-time employee in this role, reporting directly to the VP of Finance and responsible for owning the accounting operations function. This includes the basics of AP & AR, along with preparation of the monthly close and all supporting workpapers (journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial reporting).
You are someone who is comfortable working in a face-paced, unstructured environment while continuing to deliver results.
You will own key parts of the accounting operations and due to our company’s growth, help in creating and implementing scalable process improvements. You will also have opportunities to help prepare the annual budget, build and analyze the operating model, and have a voice in key financial decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (required); CPA is a plus
- 5+ years progressive accounting experience (minimum 2 years in public accounting strongly preferred)
- Experience using QuickBooks Online preferred; Bill.com is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (such as vlookup, sumif, pivot tables, and data analysis) and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong desire to work in a challenging role that provides meaningful growth opportunities – including the ability and potential to grow into a Controller role
- Medical benefits with generous employer contribution + dental and vision
- HSA with annual company contribution
- Stock options
- Pre-Taxed Transit
- Flexible PTO policy
- Parental leave
- Access to the HealthJoy app
- Quarterly volunteer events
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours
- Weekly Instacart orders and catered lunches every Friday
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.