The Senior Analyst – Corporate Accounting will report to the Corporate Accounting Manager and will be a key member the team. Key responsibilities include posting journal entries and preparing monthly balance sheet account analyses. This position may also assist the accounting team in other month-end activities and special projects as needed. This is a role where the individual will be expected to work independently at times as well as ensure open communication with the team for accurate and timely month-end reporting.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prepare journal entries and balance sheet analysis with reconciliation to the general ledger on monthly and quarterly basis
• Conduct independent review of journal entries and account analyses
• Perform accounting research for higher level topics
• Responsible for accounting areas such as ASC 606 costs to obtain and costs to fulfill and other key corporate accounting analyses
• Special projects as necessary involving accounting, analysis, reporting or operating aspects of the company
• Ensure processes are executed in a timely and accurate manner including the monthly close account analysis
• Identify and communicate related process improvement opportunities
• Ensure compliance with internal controls
• Other accounting duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA or progress towards CPA preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in accounting-related work (large corporation or public accounting experience a plus)
• Previous work experience in general accounting duties, account reconciliations, and general ledger
• Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Ability to take full ownership of assignments and be self-motivated
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure of time constraints
• Must be detail oriented, well organized, and have the ability to prioritize work and be able to work accurately with numbers
In response to COVID-19 & Paylocity’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, our FP&A team is currently working remotely. You will onboard and receive training remotely. In the future, this role will be required to work onsite, as outlined by the department, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.