Senior Analyst, Finance at Home Chef
- Support and develop reporting on KPIs and financial performance:
- Identify and develop new reporting to help measure the success and monitor the progress of new initiatives, including hindsight analysis.
- Maintain current reporting on KPI and financial performance, providing visibility and actionable insights to the executive team and business leaders on an ongoing basis.
- Perform regular business reviews with business leaders to assess any deviations from the financial plan and deep dive with functional teams to assess root cause, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Work closely with business stakeholders in both finance and across the organization to learn about the business, gather requirements, define projects, and communicate progress
- Detailed understanding of data mining, manipulation, and reconciliation
- Support the development of the annual company budget, long-term strategic plan and monthly forecasts:
- Support the development of the consolidated financial model used throughout the planning process.
- Help develop processes to enhance Home Chef’s ability to manage an increasingly complex business model.
- Work with finance leadership to deeply understand key drivers of all lines of business to provide insight into future trajectory and identify opportunities for both growth and savings.
- Effectively communicate key insights and business trends to senior leadership, including Kroger stakeholders.
- Perform detailed financial analysis on marketing and product initiatives:
- Partner with cross functional teams to assess performance of new marketing or product initiatives by performing thorough financial analysis
- Detailed understanding of fundamental business economics – profitability, operational efficiency, LTV, CAC
- Competitive analysis and insights:
- Monitor and report on industry trends as it relates to the meal delivery spaceAnalyze competitor financial statements and strategy on an as needed basis
- Ad hoc analysis:
- Perform ad hoc analysis on an as needed basis
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Pragmatic next level thinker who takes ownership of their work; humble team player
- 3-5 years of experience in a rigorous fast-paced work environment – consulting, finance, data analytics, manufacturing or CPG
- Strong ability to leverage data to drive strategic insights and make actionable, results oriented recommendations through complex financial models
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and prior experience with SQL preferred, advanced knowledge of Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel and Google Slides / Microsoft PowerPoint required
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Completion of 4-year degree in related field.