Senior Analyst, FP&A at SpotHero
SpotHero is seeking a Senior Analyst, FP&A to join our Finance & Accounting Department. You will be responsible for providing senior management and executives with the analysis and information they need to make major operational, financial, and strategic decisions. Heavily involved in the annual budgeting process as well as managing cash flow forecast models, variance analysis, financial reporting and other financial performance tools.
Who we are:
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you will do:
- Build and maintains SpotHero’s corporate financial model within NetSuite Budgeting & Planning.
- Perform quantitative analysis of operational and financial data to support all areas of the company.
- Analyze market and economic indicators and industry that help support decisions around capital spending, operating budgets, long-term planning.
- Provide analysis to support mergers and acquisitions.
- Prepare detailed financial modeling and reporting that assists leadership in understanding the forces that will impact key operational, financial and strategic decisions.
- Design and manages business metrics and monthly KPI deck in coordination with the CFO to provide insight into the health of the business with the goal of improving productivity, efficiency and overall profitability.
- Coordinate the annual budgeting process with executive management and department heads.
- Coordinate and prepares quarterly Board of Director pre-read and meeting presentation and slide deck.
- Utilize demonstrated process improvement mindset to assist the Finance department in moving from manual processes to streamlined automated processes through the evaluation and implementation of new financial reporting and analysis tools.
- Perform ad hoc analysis for executives as required.
- Secure and safeguards data to preserve its integrity, reliability, and availability and ensure appropriate access levels are maintained.
Who you are:
- Intellectually curious.
- High attention to detail.
- Time management.
- Confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to work independently and also collaborate at all levels.
- Superior communication and presentation skills.
What you have:
- Previous experience in NetSuite Budgeting & Planning is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or a related field.
- CPA or CFA preferred.
- At least five years of finance experience.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Documented success building and implementing financial planning programs and tool.
- Ability to communicate at the leadership, executive and board of director and staff level.
- Highest standards of accuracy, precision and detail-orientation.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. Pivots, Sumifs, If/thens, vlookups and other data analysis functions).
- Advanced Powerpoint and presentation skills.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Flexible WFH arrangements - We know these are uncertain times and our employees’ health & safety is number one. Employees will be able to work in a remote capacity through 2020. We will continue to evaluate this fluid situation and adjust our plans as necessary.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A company that cares about its employees’ unique backgrounds. From Employee Resource Groups to Unconscious Bias Trainings, we want each and every employee to feel like SpotHero is a place where they can bring their whole selves to work.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
- A workplace recognized as a Best Place to Work by Built In Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, and one of TIMES’s 50 Genius Companies.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.