Senior Analyst, Liability Claims
Responsible for supervising the Company's Liability claims including oversight of the 3rd party claims administrator and approving cost-effective claim settlements. Oversees moderately complex Liability claims with minimal supervision. Supports organizational processes and programs for mitigation of financial risk. Analyzes, researches and formulates a basis on which coverage decisions will be made, conducts thorough investigations, evaluates damages and liability. Provides settlement authority to 3rd party administrator. Other responsibilities include oversight of 3rd party administrator claim reserves, presentation of serious claims to management and supervision of litigated files in coordination with Law Department attorneys.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the investigation, adjustment and reserving for moderately complex Liability claims. Provides oversight of the 3rd party claims administrator to assure proper handling and compliance with our claims handling guidelines. Provides settlement authority to 3rd party administrator.
- Collaborates with in-house and outside legal counsel to assure proper claims handling on litigated files. Participates in weekly Suit Committee meetings to evaluate new lawsuits and determine it can be resolved at an early date to reduce outside legal expense.
- Communicates and collaborates with other internal departments as needed to effectively manage the Liability claims and provide customer service to internal and external customers.
- Conducts claim reviews and audits of the 3rd party claims administrator to ensure compliance with our claims handling guidelines.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of all laws and practices pertaining to the investigation, processing and settlement of Liability claims.
- Develops and recommends the implementation of changes to Liability claims procedures to improve cost effective claims handling and to minimize Company costs.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com and VisionDirect.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.