Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for supporting more senior compliance professionals by maintaining and enhancing department or functional units in support of the Company’s Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption (ABAC) Program.
- Conducts due diligence to identify bribery and corruption risk, including reviews of vendors, payment partners, meetings and events, and charitable donations.
- Assists more senior compliance professionals in evaluating the adequacy of, updating, and/or creating business policies, procedures, training and reference materials, system and manual processes with respect to the Company’s Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption (ABAC) Program.
- Communicates and collaborates with business partners in the first and second lines of defense regarding bribery and corruption risks and controls.
- Assists Lead Specialists, Principals, or Senior Manager in discrete portions of larger projects impacting the Company’s ABAC Program.
- Maintains a high level of awareness and knowledge of ABAC requirements and assists in the identification of bribery and corruption risks and escalates issues to senior compliance management as identified.
- Supports the business in operationalizing ABAC requirements.
- Assists in reviewing employee submissions for preapproval when providing benefits to Foreign Officials and in the monitoring of employee expense report submissions for potential ABAC policy violations.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Compliance, Audit, Law, or Risk Management
- In lieu of education, 6+ years' experience with Compliance, audit, law or risk management
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Compliance, Audit, Law, or Risk Management (ABAC compliance experience is a plus)
- Risk management certification (TRACE Anti-Bribery Specialist or similar certification is a plus)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you're waiting to hear from us, don't forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.