Senior Asset & Configuration Manager at Discover (Chicago, IL or Remote)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Assists the Lead Asset Managers in all duties and responsibilities associated to the management of technology-related assets within the organization. This includes supporting processes for IT Hardware Asset Management, Software Asset Management, and Configuration Management. Actively will work with business partners and stakeholders to successfully manage and maintain the Company IT asset inventories. Will have a focus on data integrity and completeness while optimizing the tools and methods to operationalize that information.
- Support and manage activities associated to IT assets. Will work with asset owners, business partners and stakeholders to manage and maintain asset records during each phase of the asset lifecycle.
- Perform assessments and analysis on various IT physical assets and software titles. Will analyze data from multiple sources and apply IT Asset Management (ITAM) relevant information to records and/or processes.
- Actively focus on the maintaining accurate and complete software records. Will review and analyze software requests, monitor and action existing software titles and contribute to improving processes and tooling.
- Actively create and maintain software entitlement records. Assist with software license compliance.
- Actively assist in the implementation of ServiceNow SAMp. Monitor and update SAMp catalog.
- Build Dashboard and Reporting. Create ITAM relevant reports and extract and socialize asset data.
- Evaluates contracts, purchase orders, and end user license agreements to determine software license metrics. Configure licenses management rules into the Software Asset Management system, and creates the associated software counters.
- Analyzes and organizes software purchase information to establish a complete and accurate summary of licenses, entitlements, and purchase history for the company.
- Monitors and manages exceptions for the software asset receiving processes. Escalates receipt issues and associated invoice concerns to the appropriate financial partners.
- Monitors and manages exceptions for software harvest and reconcile software harvest results.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field
- 2+ years in Software Asset Management, or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years in Software Asset Management, or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Certified Software Asset Management Certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.