Senior Compensation Accountant at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves three years in a row 2021, 2020, 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
The Senior Compensation Accountant manages the daily activities and processes for employee compensation, which is the company’s largest expenditure. The role ensures compliance with applicable payroll policies and regulations and keeps meticulous records of compensation changes and activity via oversight of the HR information system. This role also has the added responsibility of administering the Company’s equity management system, which tracks the equity provided to employees and investors.
Why would someone want to apply for this position?
Do you want to be part of something bigger? Do you like to build and design processes and practices? Project44 is building something revolutionary and needs top talent in a fast-paced growth environment. We constantly challenge our teams and employees to bring their best ideas and efforts. The Sr Compensation Accountant position will help project44 organize it’s human resources processes and data as the company scales up and keep employees motivated as we grow, providing valuable experience on building and designing processes.
Critical Job Elements/Roles
- Administration over the Global human resources information system
- Management of the US payroll process using a 3rd party provider, such as Ultipro
- Manages the Company’s global equity system, using online administrator Carta
- Detail oriented, ability to keep meticulous records of activity and changes
- Management over multiple priorities and projects
- Management of deadlines, with management of tasks assigned to others for information needs
- Management of open tax notices, tax queries from federal, state and local governments
- B.S. in business, accounting preferred
- 2-4 years of related experience in accounting and/or payroll within an HR
- Familiar with online payroll services, preferably using Ultimate software or Workday
- Certified Payroll Professional or similar coursework preferred
- Experience with equity administration preferred
- Execution-focused, with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.