Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Compliance Associate - Credit Card Testing and Monitoring to join OppLoans' expanding and dynamic Compliance Department. Reporting to the Regulatory Compliance Manager of Monitoring and Testing, you will assist with the development, launch, and roll-out of our new credit card product. Additionally, you will help build, designing, implementing, and operating a compliance testing and monitoring process that is tailored to our new credit card product. Acting in an advisory capacity, you will ensure all matters are fully addressed throughout the design and implementation of this new product. You will have high visibility across the entire organization, and with our bank partners and credit card servicing companies.
What you get to do:
- Serve in an advisory capacity for all compliance matters, through the development and implementation of our new credit card
- Help design and implement a credit card monitoring program with procedures for reviewing third-party credit card activities and eventually document an in-house Monitoring and Testing program for a credit card, including controls
- Review and analyze credit card monitoring reports from the third-party
- Assist the Monitoring and Testing Manager in implementing Monitoring and Testing for applicable State and Federal regulations as part of our Compliance Management System
- Assess compliance risk through performing in-depth analysis of accounts, policies, procedures, marketing material, complaints, reports, etc
- Work with Issues Management Team to ensure issues are addressed
- Collect data, files, and other materials for monitoring and testing
- Work in collaboration with Business Compliance Officers and other stakeholders in several phases of testing and monitoring, including planning, execution, reporting, and follow-up
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise judgment in assessing the material significance and relevance of identified findings and recommendations and ensure timely escalation
- Develop reports which are concise, timely, and provide value to business and management to continuously improve compliance controls and mitigate risks
What you will bring to the team:
- 4+ years experience in regulatory compliance or state regulatory supervision with a focus on credit cards, preferably in consumer finance or FinTech company
- Experience in credit card compliance or operational risk
- Experience designing and implementing a compliance monitoring and testing program, specifically with a new product
- Experience serving in an advisory capacity for compliance matters and launching a new product
- Strong knowledge of consumer financial regulations
- Familiarity with data queries such as SQL and JIRA
- Experience launching a new product
- Strong knowledge of consumer financial regulations, including the Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B), Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Unfair Deceptive and Abusive Acts or Practices, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E), Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), and Privacy
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to proactively identify issues
- Proven ability to build strong relationships, working with all levels with both internal and external customers and regulators
Define your career at OppLoans
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee-Only Plans, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru and a corporate discount on ClassPass packages. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dress code is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected]