Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019, #8 in 2020) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in Inc. 5000 five years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Compliance Associate - Credit Card Testing and Monitoring to join OppLoans' expanding and dynamic Compliance Department. Reporting to the Regulatory Compliance Manager of Monitoring and Testing, you will help build, designing, implementing, and operating a compliance testing and monitoring process that is tailored to our new credit card product. Acting in an advisory capacity, you will ensure all matters are fully addressed throughout the design and implementation of this new product. You will have high visibility across the entire organization, and with our bank partners and credit card servicing companies.
What you get to do:
- Help design and implement a credit card monitoring program with procedures for reviewing third-party credit card activities and eventually document an in-house Monitoring and Testing program for a credit card, including controls in partnership with the VP, Compliance
- Analyze credit card monitoring reports from the third-party and take appropriate action when needed
- Help implement Monitoring and Testing for applicable State and Federal regulations as part of our Compliance Management System
- Assess compliance risk through performing in-depth analysis of accounts, policies, procedures, marketing material, complaints, reports, and more
- Work in collaboration with Business Compliance Officers and other team members in several phases of testing and monitoring, including planning, execution, reporting, and follow-up
- Develop reports which are concise, and provide value to business and management to improve compliance controls and mitigate risks
What you will bring to the team:
- 4 or more years experience in regulatory compliance or state regulatory supervision with a focus on credit cards, preferably in consumer finance or FinTech company
- Experience in credit card compliance or operational risk, including a deep knowledge of consumer financial regulations
- Experience designing and implementing a compliance monitoring and testing program, specifically with a new product
- Experience serving in an advisory capacity for compliance matters
- Familiarity with data queries such as SQL and JIRA
Define your career at OppLoans
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free Audible membership, access to all LinkedIn Learning courses, and monthly meditation and yoga classes. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].