Senior Consultant, Finance Operations
Senior Consultant, Finance Operations
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners (WMP) has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Consultant to help deepen our Finance Operations consulting practice. This is a dynamic role that will work closely with our clients to improve processes, provide advisory on finance operations, and apply best practices to their organization. This role will also have an opportunity to work with other WMP practice areas like M&A, and Advanced Analytics.
The Senior Consultant will have three main responsibilities:
* This role entails responsibility in assisting with business development activities (working with leadership, farming for potential opportunities at existing clients…etc.). Candidates will have visibility to C-level executives during sales pursuits and will have a hand in developing proposals/statements of work. Most importantly, candidates should be passionate about what they do and enjoy a fun, entrepreneurial environment.
* You will play an active role within the Chicago-based team to help define and buildout methodologies that WMP goes to market with, develop market facing assets and accelerators. Candidates will also have a hand in helping to teach and train younger consultants the skills required to succeed within the Financial consulting space. He/she will also help with the interviewing process to ensure that we bring in only the best and brightest to the firm.
* This role will require that the majority of your focus be on serving our clients. In this role, you will be expected to provide leadership and guidance to resources below you (consultant and experienced consultants) to ensure that they have the support required to be successful on the project. You will assist the Project Manager with activities such as making updates to the overall project plan, keeping track of the project financials (burn vs. actual) and will have ownership over deliverable development.
* Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g., Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, MIS, etc.)
* 3+ years of “hands on” ERP configuration and/or use
* 4+ years of progressive experience in understanding and/or configuring Corporate Performance Management (CPM) systems (e.g., Hyperion, Adaptive Insights, Host Analytics, etc..)
* Great communication skills
* Willingness and ability to develop and coach our junior team members
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications and customer relations skills
* Ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
* Ability to travel up to 70%
* Hands on functional knowledge of at least one ERP solution (knowledge of mid-market ERP landscape a plus) and/or functional knowledge of at least one CPM system
* Must have been an active team member on at least 2 full-cycle enterprise platform implementations
* Corporate finance functional knowledge within the following areas: Lead to Close, Order to Cash, Plan to Report, Procure to Pay, Plan to Produce, Recruit to Retire (any other industry specific knowledge is a plus (TMS, WMS, PSA, EAM…etc.))
* Understanding of US GAAP
* Experience with financial close/consolidation processes, process improvement reviews, and M&A transactions (integrations, carve-out, best practice advisory)
* Software selection and Platform Strategy a plus experience a plus
So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to flex your technical muscles in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you can own your career, we’d love to hear from you.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.