Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Analyst - Corporate Accounting will report to the Corporate Accounting Manager and will be a key member of the team. Key responsibilities include posting journal entries and preparing monthly balance sheet account analyses. This position may also assist the accounting team in other month-end activities and special projects as needed. This is a role where the individual will be expected to work independently at times as well as ensure open communication with the team for accurate and timely month-end reporting.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet analysis with reconciliation to the general ledger on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Conduct an independent review of journal entries and account analyses
- Perform accounting research for higher-level topics
- Responsible for accounting areas such as internal-use software, leases, revenue, inventory, and corporate investments
- Special projects as necessary involving accounting, analysis, reporting, or operating aspects of the company
- Ensure processes are executed in a timely and accurate manner including the monthly close account analysis
- Identify and communicate related process improvement opportunities
- Ensure compliance with internal controls
- Other accounting duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required; CPA or progress towards CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting-related work (large corporation or public accounting experience a plus)
- Previous work experience in general accounting duties, account reconciliations, and general ledger
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to take full ownership of assignments and be self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure of time constraints
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized, and have the ability to prioritize work, and be able to work accurately with numbers
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture. We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $66,966 - $94,023/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a comprehensive variable compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.