Senior Corporate Accounting Analyst
Do you love learning how to build things from scratch while honing your Finance skills? Are you looking for a finance role experience that isn't like any other company? We have a team looking for exactly that kind of person.
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
At Groupon, Accounting isn’t your typical month-end close type of department. While the heart of our day-to-day work is providing financial information to the business, that’s only the tip of the iceberg. We’re building out financial systems to support every new business line and product, so our Senior Staff Accountants get a granular view and understanding of how a business is crafted from the ground up. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of our organization to continue growing.
The Corporate Accounting team is responsible for assessing the accounting treatment for material transactions across the company as well as identifying processes that can be standardized and streamlined.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- Support multiple business departments with the research needs of technical accounting issues and process implementation ensuring compliance with Company policy and U.S. GAAP guidance.
- Perform a detailed review of stock-based compensation related entries under both IFRS and U.S. GAAP, and assist in researching and evaluating the impacts of circumstances that arise that may impact stock-based compensation, such as modifications. Review quarterly files related to the preparation of the stock-based compensation disclosures in the 10-Qs or 10-K.
- Assist in obtaining, validating and reviewing information provided to external resources to be used in valuations related to acquisitions and investments. Perform first-level review of the fair value valuations related to acquisitions and investments that are prepared internally.
- Assist in the preparation of new accounting policies and update current accounting policies on an as needed basis.
- Research and remain up-to-date on current accounting pronouncements that could affect the Company and work with the team to ensure new items are incorporated correctly.
- Prepare proper documentation of accounting issues, related matters and application of related controls as needed.
- Assist the reporting team with compilation of the external filings on an as needed basis.
- Support special projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 3-4 years accounting experience; either from public accounting or relevant industry experience
- CPA eligible, if not licensed
- MS-Office proficiency, specifically advanced Excel skills.
- Sound understanding of U.S. GAAP
- You're an expert communicator, delivering both written and verbal messages succinctly
- You're a details person with a penchant for preparing meticulously accurate work
- You're enthusiastic, adaptable, and see challenges as an opportunity to grow
- You thrive in an often-times ambiguous environment
- You're seeking to join a collaborative but driven Finance department
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.