Senior Cost Accountant
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operator, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis nationwide while giving back to the communities in which it serves. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™ dispensaries. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has eight manufacturing facilities and licenses for 60 retail locations across eight highly regulated U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs over 500 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
As a Senior Cost Accountant at GTI, you will be responsible for supporting Accounting operations on our Finance team. There are complexities to the manufacturing and production operations and it’s imperative that you understand all components from start to finish. This is no ordinary environment, you are an intrapreneur and will flex your accounting muscle to help scale our growing business. Negative attitudes are not tolerated here at GTI. Bring your moxie and let's make it happen.
- Plan, study, and collect data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyze data collected and record results
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided to determine effects on cost
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Record cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyze audits of costs and prepare reports
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintain cost accounting system
- Assist in month end close of the General Ledger
- Conduct physical inventories and monitor cycle count program
- Reconcile finished goods inventories
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field, Master’s Degree or CPA certification, preferred
- 3+ years experience in cost accounting within CPG or manufacturing
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
We can't wait to meet you!
Read Full Job Description