Senior Finance Analyst (Commercial Finance) at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles
We are seeking an Analyst to join our Finance team to partner in the responsibility of performing monthly consolidations of capital targets to actuals and forecasts for all aspects of Peapod Digital Labs. This role will work closely with brand counterparts regarding eCommerce capital within PDL and/or the brands.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Proactive business partnership with the operations, marketing & merchandising team to better understand the market, strategic plans & competitive landscape
- Attendance & participation in wider team meetings e.g. weekly commercial & marketing calls, sales incentive meetings, brand calls, COGS cost review calls with Merchandising, S&OP calls with Operators
- Reporting of various financial elements by making system queries, using excellent MS, Excel, PowerPoint, Hyperion, Essbase tools and more
- Provides analytical support of the P&L lines related to period diagnostics and drivers for various departments
- Interfaces with business leads to determine plans for future periods and support them in projecting financial impact
- Collects, evaluates and analyzes financial information submitted by the business as an input to develop long-term (multi-year) planning, annual budget, quarterly forecast updates and period/weekly projections
- Creates standardized commercial finance templates for business partners for Budget/FC/LTP
- Identify insights and suggest actionable recommendations
- Ensure accuracy and completeness in closing process by working together with business partners in making sure all expenses are being properly captured in the period (expense tracker)
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 3-7 years
- Travel Requirements:<10%
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Ability to work within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Experience working within the eCommerce grocery delivery industry
- Effectively communicate to various levels of management
- Ability to work within a team centered environment
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.