Senior Finance Analyst
About Camelot Illinois:
Camelot Illinois has been awarded the contract as the new private manager of the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande, the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Finance team will be a model of transparency and collaboration with strategic planning and forecasting at the core of all cross-functional commercial decision making.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst ensures the business is financially sound, has robust accounting and reporting processes, and delivers financial targets.
The Senior Commercial Finance Analyst along with their team provides all aspects of financial support in order to achieve our business goals and objectives, analysis of our financial performance and support for all financial decision making in the business.
As a product focused organization we need ongoing, highly accurate modeling and forecasting, ensuring financial viability and profitability for our existing product streams and opportunities in emerging Illinois markets. In addition, the role will contain the following deliverables:
- Team member in developing budgets and forecasts ensuring alignment of departmental strategies with corporate targets.
- Conduct and identify risk and opportunity assessment for year end close process.
- Create reporting ensuring that data is accurate and easy to digest.
- Developing and maintaining ways of working that promote clear communications, ensure simplification and efficiencies.
- Team member in Undertaking analysis of new initiatives ahead of go live to ensure appropriate return of investment and realistic goals.
- Evaluate the profitability and performance of new business initiatives against plan.
- Supporting the capital process and ensure business cases are robust and provide effective pre and post capital investment appraisal.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of related commercial finance/accounting experience.
- Experience in delivering budgets and forecasts.
- Big 4 or similar public accounting experience.
- Certified Public Accountant - CPA.
- Passion for working in a customer facing environment and a proven background in delivering highly valuable commercial financial insights.
- Previous experience working and managing stakeholder expectations and deliverables.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proven business partnering skills.
- Experience of Netsuite would be beneficial.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and the Google Suite of products.
- Experience with advanced Excel modeling.
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.