Senior Finance Analyst at The Marketing Store
The Marketing Store, a HAVI company, is a privately held global Agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and supply chains of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We are staffed by a senior team of classically trained marketing professionals. Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating advertising campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, loyalty, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels. Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
This Senior Financial Analyst position will be responsible for financial planning, reporting & analysis for the global Happy Meal business as well as other product-based promotional programs. The position will be based in Chicago and will work with counterparts in the Americas, Europe & Asia. The position reports to the Happy Meal Finance Vice President (located in Chicago).
- Develop annual budgets, forecasts, and long-term plans in coordination with other Chicago based functions and Happy Meal leadership
- Consolidation of global forecasts and monthly reporting packages
- Analyze income statements and department expenses, conduct reviews with teams and report on financial performance to finance management as well as non-finance leadership
- Assist with month end close process - prepare various monthly journal entries and ensures conformance to Company Policy and GAAP
- Ensure the clarity of financial bookings across the regions of the world in which Happy Meal and other product-based promotional business is conducted
- Partner with Global Finance and Client Finance teams to establish and implement best practices and improve processes
- Prepare client analyses, including rate cards, pricing, P&Ls, staffing and fee reconciliations
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in finance and accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA desired
- Strong spreadsheet skills required
- Experience with a marketing agency and/or a technology company would be a plus
- Familiarity and comfort with ERP and BI systems desired
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required
- Comfort working with and ability to explain financial concepts to non-finance personnel
- Proven ability to appropriately prioritize work, complete tasks within deadlines, work hands-on
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.