Senior Finance Manager - Marketing
Want to use your finance and analytical skills to help local businesses around the world thrive?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. Are you ready to take more ownership of your career? If so, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Senior Finance Manager - Marketing is a member of the Global Finance Team. They will serve as a key Marketing Finance partner to the VP of Computational Marketing (SEM, Mobile, Display, Affiliates), and VPs of our primary North American business segments (Local, Goods, Travel, etc). Are you looking for a way to challenge yourself and build your analytical skills?
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and passionate about helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You'll spend time on the following:
• Full oversight of the Global Marketing P&L, including day to day operations, monthly/quarterly/yearly planning cycles, month close variance analysis, regional forecasting and budget allocation, etc.
• Serving as the Finance expert for both Computational and Offline (TV, PR, Sponsorships) Marketing channels. Partnering with senior leadership across global Marketing, Operations and Finance teams to align on strategy and maximize marketing’s return on investment
• Managing and leading our Chicago based marketing finance team – overseeing talent development, standardization of processes and overall task prioritization to ensure Marketing Finance is maximizing its benefit to the business
• Performing deep analysis on broad customer behavioral shifts, like the migration toward mobile devices and away from web. Evaluating financial implications and providing senior leadership with specific and actionable guidance
• Providing insights and financial support around customer lifetime value and lifecycle
• Partnering with customer growth team to plan, forecast, and conduct gap analysis regarding customers
We're excited about you if you have:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field (MBA preferred)
• 8+ years of broad based Finance experience in a variety of senior roles, ideally in both large cap and high growth business
• Strong leadership, communication and relationship building skills, with the ability to interpret and summarize complex data to help achieve strategic and operational goals
• ‘Builder’ mentality – identifies problems quickly and is eager to build solutions from scratch, not just improve on others work
• Results oriented and able to roll-up the sleeves in order to accomplish necessary tasks
• Experience in managing and developing people
• Superior intellect and the executive presence to become a true business partner – someone who is capable of contributing to broader business conversations beyond their functional expertise
• Comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
• Strong business judgment and excellent project management skills
Groupon is an equal opportunity employer
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.