Forager is growing and building something incredibly complex. Due to this growth, we’ve created a new role, Senior Financial Analyst, to help ensure the company is making sound financial decisions, properly managing cash flow, and is using metrics to drive actionable insights. Reporting to our VP of Finance & Analytics, the Senior Financial Analyst will play a critical role ensuring the long-term financial success of the company. The impact you make in the role will be felt throughout Forager.
What will you do?
- Assist in the preparation of monthly forecasting, budgeting, reconciliations, variance analysis, as well as cash flow management, planning, and monitoring
- Understand key drivers of the business, identify relevant metrics to track performance, and incorporate those into operating budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Assist in driving and projecting revenue and gross margin profitability through detailed analysis, reporting and expense management
- Support the month-end close process, assisting as needed and preparing financial reports, reconciliations and analysis
- Conduct ad hoc analysis and projects, assist in driving financial reporting process improvements across the company, and providing accurate information to support business decisions
- Identify improvements to automate existing processes for increased efficiency and/or support implementation of new systems and tools
- Assist in the preparation of company-wide commission and bonus calculations, as needed
Who you are?
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business; CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in an FP&A, financial analyst, accounting or equivalent role
- Prior experience at a software/technology startup and/or prior logistics experience is a plus
- You have a solid understanding of financial statements, financial metrics, close cycles and revenue dynamics
- You are highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently and across teams
- You operate with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- You adapt and thrive in a demanding, ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- You are skilled in analyzing financial data, drawing insights and defining actionable takeaways
- Effective communication skills including ability to summarize information in presentable format for executives and investors
- Intermediate or advanced level proficiency in Excel required; experience building and maintaining financial models
- Experience with SQL, Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau and/or other data visualization tools a plus
- Experience with QuickBooks Online and/or other accounting software a plus
Who we are?
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We're building an automated and collaborative marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating.