Senior Financial Analyst at Morningstar
The Role: Morningstar’s Financial Planning and Analysis team seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to support Morningstar’s Licensing Products. You will work closely with finance, various business operations, functional areas, and corporate accounting functions to understand and resolve financial issues. In addition, you will regularly interact with senior management or executive level on matters concerning the business line. This position reports to the Senior FP&A Manager and is based in our Chicago office.
• Work closely with the business leaders and other members of the financial planning team on budgeting and forecasting processes.
• Assist in creating and maintaining internal financial reporting packages and materials for meetings.
• Effectively interacts with Finance Managers to help create planning and forecast formulation and execution.
• Complete detailed account reconciliations and analyses to help identify business trends and drivers behind revenue and expenses.
• Acts as a key resource to finance leadership, assisting in modeling, business case / project analysis, and any other ad hoc requests.
• Participate in cross-functional project teams formed to address business process improvements in the financial planning & budget processes.
• Creates presentations and regularly presents analysis.
• 5 or more years of experience in an accounting or related position with a bachelor’s degree;
• CPA designation or candidacy is preferred.
• Candidates should be highly motivated team players with strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
• Ability to aggregate and analyze data, work in a team environment and assume additional responsibilities over time.
• Solid Microsoft Excel skills required; knowledge of Salesforce, Oracle and Hyperion is preferred.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application materials.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity