Senior Financial Analyst at VelocityEHS (Chicago, IL)
*Open to remote candidates*
VelocityEHS is the leader in developing Environmental Health & Safety Solutions; our goal is to provide value to our customers and the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for creating annual business plans and quarterly forecasts. We find satisfaction not only in creating innovative solutions but in the product we provide and the environment in which we work. VelocityEHS is known for having a fun and energetic company culture. This culture is paired with ambitious principles that demand teamwork and sharp problem-solving skills. Our dedication to providing this type of environment is what helped us reach the Chicago Tribune's list of Top Workplaces of 2018. If you're interested in becoming a part of our team, apply now!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with AD of FP&A and senior leadership across the organization on creation of annual business plan and quarterly forecasts - 20%
- Increase utilization of newly implemented planning software, Workday Adaptive Planning - 30%
- Internal reporting - 30%
- Support preparation of monthly & quarterly executive and board meeting materials
- Top line (bookings) performance by sales team & product
- Executive KPI reporting
- BvA and detailed spend analysis to business users
- Ad hoc projects - 20%
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years accounting & financial analysis experience
- Strong work ethic, high attention to detail, self-motivated, team player
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Fundamental understanding of 3 statement financial model
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 4+ years combined public accounting experience in Audit & Financial Due Diligence OR 3+ years working in FP&A role with increasing responsibility, ideally within a B2B SaaS company
- Experience with financial systems - Sage Intacct, NetSuite, SAP, Workday Adaptive Planning, and the like
- Experience with Workday Adaptive Planning a HUGE plus
- CPA, CFA, and/or MBA
- Understanding of SaaS financial metrics such as CAC, churn, pipeline, retention, etc.
- Exposure to M&A (normalized EBITDA, net working capital & debt), pro forma financial statements, and foreign currency
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS - that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We're driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS - having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]