Senior Financial Analyst at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
This high-impact Finance position provides key financial support for the Discover Student Loans Business. The individual will partner with the senior leadership, focusing on expense management initiatives, providing timely financial insights and influence decision making. We are seeking a highly motivated, result driven individual, who is able to focus on the details while finding creative ways to solve big picture challenges.
What You’ll Do
- Provide financial and business analysis support.
How You’ll Do It
- Use and enhance profitability analyses and projections for business partner(s).
- Analyze customers behaviors and product profitability trends to understand financial implications and influence actions.
- Enhance current financial models, improve forecasting accuracy, and drive business insights.
- Provide management with strategic advice and financial analyses for investment decisions, pricing changes, and channel and segment expansions.
- Perform competitive analyses to drive strategic insights and actions.
- Lead financial planning activities, including budgeting, short- and long-term forecasting.
- Conduct variance analysis and management reporting activities.
- Collaborate with business partners (e.g., Marketing, and Operations) to develop robust financial forecasts and drives insightful analysis.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or related field
- 1+ years of experience in financial services, consulting, investment banking, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in finance, business, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in financial services, consulting, investment banking, or related field
- Strong financial modeling and communications skills
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.