Senior Financial Analyst at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Finance team is seeking an FP&A Financial Analyst to join our growing team. You will be the finance business partner to key functional leaders across Braze’s Global Services and Customer Success organizations, responsible for identifying, analyzing and reporting on metrics that reflect business performance and driving a rigorous budgeting and forecasting process. You will work with both finance and business leaders to ensure timely and accurate forecasting on Cost and Revenue calculations. The analyst will have significant exposure to Senior Management and is expected to become a trusted thought partner to their teams.
- Support and challenge Braze’s Global Services and Support and Customer Success teams during the forecast/planning cycles with responsibility for forecast accuracy
- Own the forecasting process for headcount planning and expense budgeting
- Own the forecasting process for key revenue streams and work to identify areas of risk
- Assist with Professional Services revenue; both short and long-range business planning initiatives and to support Revenue growth cost mitigation
- Evaluate and develop financial models to help drive strategic business decisions and identify opportunities to optimize performance
- Assist in meetings with individual department leaders to discuss financial performance, and incorporate business insight into the rolling financial forecast
- Report on actual financial results against targets, provide analysis of variances, assist in guidance on future trends, and present findings to Finance leadership and the Executive team.
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years of experience with a minimum of 3 years in FP&A, preferably within Tech and SaaS is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or relevant field
- Excellent data analysis skills, Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Previous Budgeting, Cost Planning, Headcount planning and month-end reconciliation experience preferred
- Experience with Adaptive Insights, Netsuite and Salesforce is a plus
- Knowledge of Cost Recognition and ERP systems for Budgeting and planning
- Team player that embraces change and thrives in a fast paced environment
- An analytical, creative thinker who can focus on the details without losing sight of the big picture
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.