Senior Financial Analyst at SilkRoad Technology
SilkRoad is the world's leader in strategic onboarding for global workforce readiness and transformation. We help organizations prepare their people for change by designing intentional, personalized journeys to increase retention and maximize agility throughout their careers. SilkRoad combines our leading strategic onboarding capabilities with world-class consulting services to deliver highly scalable, personalized experiences that engage employees and drive long-term business performance such as productivity, profitability, growth and agility.
SilkRoad is seeking a detail-oriented Senior Financial Analyst to plan, prepare and analyze corporate and investor reports. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be instrumental in analyzing our global business and ensuring management has meaningful and actionable data to support strategic decisions. You will enjoy digging into data, be an Excel wizard and be able to easily explain financial insights to company leaders.
Your contributions to Silkroad will include:
- Planning and Analysis
- Coordinating and executing annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting, primarily for headcount, operating expenses and balance sheet. Preparing monthly variance analysis for finance leadership and company management.
- Analyzing historical results and trends to predict future results and recommending business actions.
- Inspecting spend and understanding company vendor relationships in order to ensure appropriate planning and to maximize financial investments.
- Partnering with finance team members and department managers to prepare financial models, analyze business results, and provide meaningful insight and business recommendations.
- Responding to ad hoc analysis requests from finance team members, management, and other stakeholders.
- Financial Reporting
- Preparing quarterly board reports and other investor reports that are meaningful and easy to understand.
- Maintaining the company's capitalization table and supporting accounting for shareholder transactions.
- Maintaining and continuously improving financial planning and reporting that is consistent with accounting principles and corporate policies.
- Preparing and reviewing additional analysis and reports, and other special projects, as requested.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail combined with strong business acumen and professional demeanor.
- Excellent relationship builder and team player; Naturally curious and eager to learn about finance and the business.
- Passionate about using technology to drive efficiencies and analyze the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a clear and professional verbal and written communication style.
- Strong organization and time management skills and an ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and use data to recommend business decisions and strategy.
- Ability to create and document accurate, efficient, and repeatable processes.
- Understanding of accounting principles and how they impact financial results.
- Ability to explain financial results and insights in a visually compelling matter.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience with Adaptive Insights, Intacct, or Great Plains is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or other business area; MBA or CPA is a plus.
- Minimum of three years of experience in budgeting and financial analysis.
- Experience partnering with business leaders and implementing change.
- Experience working in a technology or professional services company.
- French or other foreign language proficiency is a plus.