Senior Financial Analyst
Hello, We’re Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, and Nationwide.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be a part of the future of tech.
We’re looking for a Senior Financial Analyst
We’re currently experiencing hyper growth and are looking for a proven Senior Financial Analyst to help us build out a Financial Planning & Analysis Team. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker who craves a fast paced environment, thrives off of change and is maniacal about building a best-in-class financial model.
How you’ll contribute
- Partner with the management team to continuously update, maintain and enhance the 5 year financial model.
- Understand the key drivers of the financial model with specific focus on sales and revenue recognition for multiple complex product offerings.
- Implement and maintain monthly; rolling forecasts, departmental budgets, operational KPIs and budget/forecast vs. actual variance analysis.
- Fully automate the financial model by implementing a financial planning tool.
- Provide analytical support to department heads.
- Assist in the preparation of Board materials and ad hoc analysis, as needed.
What you need
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Google Sheets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate results using “non-financial” language.
- Thorough understanding of financial statements, financial metrics and revenue dynamics including; multiple element accounting and ASC 606.
- Experience implementing financial planning tools
- 3-5 years of proven financial modeling/analysis experience (SaaS experience preferred)
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Ability to deal with confidential information and maintain privacy
Impress us even more
- Experience using Salesforce, Intacct and Adaptive Insights
- Interest in learning about database concepts/systems, including; Snowflake, Tableau and Python applications.
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.