Senior FP&A Analyst
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective by replacing yesterday’s pricey print publications with today’s more dynamic yet far less expensive digital content. Partnering with more than 400+ publishers and 640+ campuses nationwide, we offer leading-edge digital course materials and a seamless, end-to-end Content Delivery System for effectively distributing those materials.
The Senior FP&A Analyst is responsible for providing the data and reporting necessary for intelligent decision making. The Senior FP&A Analyst will demonstrate knowledge of analytics and reporting and will be able to work with other interested internal parties, including senior leadership, to provide information to assist in decision-making and contract execution.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Margin analysis and assisting with considerations during contract execution
- Assist with design and implementation of software to automate budgeting process
- Completion of the Finance team’s monthly management reporting deck, including budget to actual comparisons/explanation
- Assist in annual budgeting process
- Create and maintain consistency in reporting across product lines
- Document and adhere to standard analytics and reporting processes
- 5 years of professional experience relevant to data analysis and reporting, which may include FP&A/Business Intelligence and/or Public Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in a Finance/Accounting
- Excellent analytic skill
- Experience with data visualization and ability to turn data into stories
- Ability to perform difficult analytical tasks independently
- Ability to interface effectively with teammates and other business units
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and effectively drive business outcomes
- Must be committed to building and managing internal customer relationships to support communication and progress of company objectives by providing high levels of customer service
- A can-do and positive attitude towards researching questions/requests that may arise.
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy
- CPA is a plus
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Understanding of and experience using reporting tools similar to Grow or Tableau
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.