Senior Fraud Strategy Specialist
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for analyzing transaction, authentication, and account management data and trends for fraud prevention and detection. Implements and recommends actions to mitigate fraud risk while maintaining a positive customer experience.
- Partners in fraud-trend reviews to identify vulnerabilities.
- Analyzes customer application data, account transaction data, and customer interaction data. Enhances fraud prevention strategies.
- Supports the testing and deployment of new vendor products. Develops business cases for incorporating new technologies.
- Identifies patterns to detect fraud. Evaluates data and information from multiple sources.
- Partners in the development and implementation of fraud detection and prevention strategies to mitigate fraud losses while ensuring an appropriate balance between risk, operational cost, and customer experience.
- Reviews strategy performance reports and communicates the fraud results to the business.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in banking/financial industry, applied analytics, fraud, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in fraud risk discipline in consumer banking products
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in fraud risk discipline in consumer banking products
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.