Senior Investment Analyst
The Group: The Investment Management group consists of our investment advice, multi asset investment portfolios and sub-advisory investment products businesses. Through our registered investment advisor subsidiaries, we use our expertise in asset allocation, fund selection, risk management and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions for institutions, advisors, and their clients.
The Role: Morningstar is seeking a Senior Investment Analyst to join our team of investment professionals. This person will help construct, implement, and oversee multi-strategy portfolios for financial institutions. The successful candidate will also assist in other client engagement tasks related to our core competencies, which includes serving as the lead consultant to clients in some cases.
The Role: This role requires a person who demonstrates a strong grasp of financial market fundamentals and a passion for investing. Fund selection will be an important part of this role. You will work closely with the team to leverage local expertise and global investment capabilities to deliver better investing outcomes to investment management clients. The role is based in our Chicago office.
• Create and assist in creating portfolios that meet all relevant objectives and constraints.
• Attend internal and external fund manager due diligence meetings and write research covering the advantages and disadvantages of an investment strategy and process together with key risks.
• Analyze fundamental drivers, composition, and structural changes of assigned asset classes.
• Calculate performance and attribution for portfolios.
• Participate in the management of client engagements, which includes identifying client investment needs, analyzing investment options, and solving operational issues.
• Communicate (both orally and in writing) the strategy, positioning, and performance of portfolios to internal and external audiences.
• A bachelor’s degree in finance or economics; an MBA and/or Chartered Financial Analyst® designation is preferred.
• Three to seven years of relevant investment experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Comfortable working in a high-performance team environment and uphold impeccable character with high ethical and quality standards
• Applicants should be comfortable working in a quantitative environment, have strong spreadsheet skills and have basic knowledge of investment tools such as Morningstar Direct
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.