Senior Loan Accounting Specialist
Supernova Lending is a business-to-business, cloud-based financial technology and loan servicing platform specializing in wealth management lending. Our platform connects loan origination, loan servicing, risk monitoring, payment processing and loan accounting systems. Data from these connections is processed and grouped through our technology platform and provided to lenders, wealth management firms, their advisors and their clients. Our flagship clients include some of the largest financial institutions in the world.
Job Description Summary
As part of our loan operations team, the Sr. Loan Accounting Specialist is primarily responsible for the loan accounting functions. That responsibility includes, but is not limited to, reconciling daily and monthly activity to the general ledger, client reporting, and supporting the client service and credit teams with transaction processing as needed.
In this job, you will:
- Ensure the loan system remains in balance daily.
- Review daily loan accounting transactions, including the review of cash balancing, reconciliations, credit advances and customer payments.
- Monitor the loan accounting system, research, and resolve discrepancies.
- Provide the client service and credit teams with support for transaction processing and client support as needed.
- Participate in the definition, testing, and implementation of automated functions related to loan accounting.
- Monitor loan accounting reports and their transmission to clients.
- Support the onboarding of new firms on our platform.
- Be the primary contact for loan accounting questions or requests from clients for customized reporting.
- Perform other administrative duties such as preparing reports, client communications or any other task required for the company to accomplish its goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of loan accounting experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; strong use of database and spreadsheet applications (Excel).
- Working knowledge of the theory and practice of loan accounting (i.e., amortization, payment application, rate changes, general ledgers, credit advances, and payments).
- Knowledge of loan accounting software programs, particularly FIS
- Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills especially related to transaction processing and loan accounting.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, with ability to remain flexible to changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to understand, document, and communicate accounting processes.
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and within a team environment.