Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
What you do at Avant
- Originations policy setting – approve/decline decisions, scorecard/risk modeling, credit line assignment, pricing decisions (APR & Fees), marketing channel analysis
- Portfolio policy setting – Line management, pricing changes, Authorization policy, Fraud management, overlimit/open to buy management
- Collections policy – contact strategy, tools, etc.
- Profitability assessment – Economic modeling, forecasting, originations/portfolio
Why you are a fit for Avant
- 5+ years of experience with Credit Card policy/pricing
- Hands on experience with SQL/Python/SAS
- Ability to gather data & conduct analysis independently
- Analytic thinking to draw effective conclusions from data; judgement on when to rely on data vs. when not to
- Strategy setting ability; when given a high-level objective able to determine option set and recommend best option to pursue. Ability to break down strategy into tactical tasks.
- 2+ years of experience managing associates.
- Ability to help new associates learn and grow on the job
- Work well with people across teams and with different skills
- Influence management on desired outcomes
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description