Senior Manager, Corporate Development at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Development, the Senior Manager of Corporate Development will be a key leader driving the company's corporate development efforts, including strategy, M&A, capital markets, special projects/growth initiatives and business development activity in alignment with the board, CEO/COO/CFO and the executive team. The position will have direct communication with Senior Management as well as regular direct interaction with the CFO.
- Work with the SVP of Corporate Development, in partnership with the CEO/COO/CFO/Product/FP&A team, to develop/refine strategic plans, and drive corporate development execution to fuel strategic growth
- Partner with the executive team to identify and prioritize strategic initiatives, shape strategy, and identify areas of M&A focus
- Lead research and analysis of key strategic markets to understand and articulate market trends, competitive landscape, and areas of opportunity
- Lead the development of business cases for growth opportunities across cross-functional teams; develop and refine build/buy/partner analysis
- Partner with FP&A team to model opportunities and create pro-forma views of acquisition opportunities
- Collaborate with SVP and Directors of Corporate Development to drive alignment on M&A efforts and expectations and processes with cross functional deal and integration teams
- Drive execution in all phases of M&A processes (pre-deal analyses and go to market strategy, high quality due diligence coordination and execution, integration planning and post-close integration)
- Drive execution of all phases of capital markets execution including cross-functional team leadership across corporate development, accounting, finance and treasury
- Manage investment banking and other industry relationships, in order to actively track the payroll / HCM software space, and to source acquisition opportunities.
- Partner with VP of Corporate Development to lead and drive key strategic partner/vendor discussions
- Lead team in the development of additional ad hoc analyses and financial modeling
- Independent thinker and self-starter with ability to prioritize work streams
- Lead and mentor a team of manager(s) and senior analyst(s)
- Operate at both the 50,000 foot and granular level
- Attend potential industry events and Paylocity corporate events
Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree is required; MBA desired
- 5+ years of experience in corporate finance, investment banking, mergers & acquisitions, or strategy, preferably in the software / tech sector
- Successful and demonstrable track record quarterbacking M&A transaction execution; ideally for software / tech companies. Corporate development experience is valued
- 2+ years of experience in an investment banking role at a recognized investment bank, with significant M&A execution experience. Some public equity/debt financing experience also valuable - deal quarterback experience
- Demonstrated strong project planning, deal ownership and cross-functional team management and participation skills
- Experience preparing and delivering industry/company, strategy, financial, and operational presentations for the board and executive level
- Driven, results-oriented mindset; history of perseverance and passion for achieving goals
- Strong work ethic; accustomed to delivering results in a fast-paced environment in a structured and organized manner
- Superior written / verbal communication skills, and quantitative and analytical skills
- Financial modelling experience building acquisition models, pro-forma financials, growth models, etc. plus strong understanding of financial markets
- Experience with technology and software industry; technical acumen, interest and ability to understand technical and financial concepts quickly
- Advanced knowledge of MS office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $129,000 - 193,848/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a comprehensive variable compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.