Senior Manager Corporate Transactions at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for multiple simultaneous projects, reviewing, negotiating, and drafting complex to highly complex agreements.
- Communicate with business partners and other internal partners (such as Law, compliance, corporate risk, information security, physical security, privacy, insurance, business continuity and business risk) to determine requirements.
- Advise on approach and applicable enterprise policies and standards to build consensus. Provide advice to business partners regarding business issues, such as deal terms, risk assessments, customer concerns, strategy, and company policy.
- Participate in the development and implementation of processes, procedures, standards, templates and playbooks for corporate contracting and associated processes to improve execution and efficiency among business partners, risk management functions, and the law department.
- Support a risk-aware culture and ensures effective risk management practices. There is emphasis on risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- Solid understanding of how to balance risk with business objectives and successfully get transactions closed.
How You’ll Do It
- Structure, draft, review, and negotiate complex to highly complex vendor and related agreements involving a wide variety of subject matters, including hosting contracts, construction contracts, credit bureau contracts, affinity and sponsorship contracts.
- Communicate with and advise business partners and executive management to determine agreement requirements. Advise on approach and applicable enterprise policies and standards to build consensus on approach and execution.
- Identify, assess and communicate information to business partners on emerging topics and best practices.
- Ensure that programs, policies, procedures, and controls are implemented in a manner that that is compliant with Company policy. Support internal audits and reviews.
- Contribute to the development of functional strategy. Lead project teams to achieve milestones and objectives.
- Assist in training and coaching more junior team members.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Juris Doctor
- 6+ years of experience in Drafting and Negotiation of Commercial Contracts in Banking, Payments Networks, or other complex transactions
- 2+ years of experience in People Management
- In lieu of education, 8+ years of experience in Drafting and Negotiation of Commercial Contracts in Banking, Payments Networks, or other complex transactions
#LI-JM1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.