Senior Manager, Finance - Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 275+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
This employee is responsible for leading the planning and forecasting process of the Company including the annual plan, quarterly forecasts, long range plan and supporting the strategic planning efforts. This role is responsible for identifying and analyzing all P&L impacts, specifically revenue and gross margin, as well as act as be the focal point between the finance team and the functional business units.
This employee is also responsible for consolidating the monthly results and projections for the total Company and will interact regularly with senior leaders in all forecasting and planning exercises.
This role is reports directly to the CFO, Zoro US.
- Lead the planning and forecasting process and liaison with leadership across all business units
- Prepare accurate and timely financial operating plans and forecasts for the Company with thorough investigation of risk & opportunity
- Communicate and consult with marketing and promotions team to ensure accuracy of revenue and gross margin estimates.
- Collaborate with the analytics team to model and project outcomes from promotional activity, including baseline impacts and ROI
- Enhance expense reporting at the departmental level, as well as institute a process of tracking investment spend, and measuring returns on those investments
- Lead a team of three finance professionals, ensuring individual development and team goals are met.
- Work with business units, analytics and leadership to measure the impact of KPI targeting and root cause analysis
- Prepare presentations for CFO to present to executive leadership at both the Zoro and Grainger levels
- Provide financial leadership on Company wide initiatives, and present findings and recommendations to executive staff.
- Provide executive staff with analyses of key competitors or industry benchmarks
- Lead the internal Long Range Forecasting process, ensuring strategic initiatives and investment returns are factored into the three and five year projections.
- Minimum 7+ years of related finance experience
- Bachelors Degree, MBA or Masters a plus
- Strong ability to lead and provide guidance to Senior Executives
- Comfortable interacting at high levels within the Company
- Strong communicator and able to present info at the right level of detail
- Good base of technical finance skills (modeling, forecasting)
- Experience in developing and managing budgets and forecasts
- Demonstrated business acumen
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.