Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
SPINS, a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking a Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis to join our team.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
WHAT DO WE NEED?
Someone in this role will be responsible for providing financial expertise, business support and oversight support the business in achieving key objectives. You will guide management on financial-related matters and decisions and manage daily financial inquiries for the business in addition to the development and execution of business team priorities by participating in joint issue identification, analysis and resolution. In this role, you will also create a internal audit procedure that can be scaled across the business.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Partner with business management to maintain a strong understanding of the key business drivers, specific business processes and priorities, and future strategic direction. You will lead and execute the preparation of the financial forecasts and budgets, including the identification/quantification of risks and opportunities and facilitate the negotiation and agreement of key operational metrics and inputs.
As a trusted adviser, you will prepare presentations and documentation of budget and forecast information and address issues with appropriate teams to develop plan of action. You will work with business leaders and functional teams to develop consistent management reporting and processes that can support monthly reviews and periodic business planning sessions. In addition you will identify and analyze various investments and substantiates rationale for projects through business case developments.