Senior Manager, Tax and Compliance at West Monroe (Chicago, IL)
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe Partners is looking for an experienced Senior Manager with in-depth tax and compliance experience and problem-solving skills to support our rapidly growing organization. The Senior Manager will be responsible for leading and developing the Company’s tax and compliance program This role will be part of the Finance and Accounting team and will have the opportunity to work with other cross-functional team members to deliver decision making support for strategic initiatives and business decisions at West Monroe.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 10+ years of applicable experience. Additional responsibilities for this position include:
- Strong understanding of federal, state, and local taxation issues; keep up to date with current tax procedures and legislative developments. Familiarity with international tax law, as necessary.
- Primary point of contact for third party CPA firm; ensure the timely filing of federal, state, and local tax returns, municipal returns and extensions by third party firm as well as coordination on state and local audits.
- Ensure registration and compliance with regulations, respond to inquiries and requests by federal, state, and local authorities on all tax matters including payroll and sales tax.
- Partner with Corporate Development team regarding potential transactions; understand tax implications, responsible for new registrations and licenses.
- Review financial statements and partner with senior leaders to understand risk, establish tax strategy and best practices.
- Responsible for completing and monitoring all business registrations.
- Coordinate with senior management responsible for executive equity compensation and employee retirement plans, provide tax guidance and additional compliance support.
- Minimum ten years professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated, detailed oriented individual with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability and comfort level communicating with senior management
- Ability to adapt to changes in environment and prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously to meet established deadlines
- Demonstrated computer skills, with advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.