Senior Payroll Specialist
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 80,000 today to millions.
ActiveCampaign is continuing to grow across all teams, but on the Accounting team especially. We are looking to bring on a Senior Payroll Specialist who will be instrumental our future growth.
What your day could consist of:
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of assigned multi-state, multi country payroll and any special or bonus payrolls
- Add, delete, maintain employee files in Sage Intacct (ERP system) and perform reconciliation to Namely (HRIS system) on a monthly basis
- Ensure all requirements are met for 401(K)
- Work with Accounts Payable team to ensure expense reports are paid through payroll on a timely manner
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and tax requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions
- Understand payroll tax laws in countries where AC has locations
- Maintain relationships with our third-party payroll providers outside US locations
- Be a liaison with HR team to ensure employees are coded and paid properly
- Respond to leadership, accounting, and other user requests for a variety of on-demand payroll reports and other ad hoc requests as needed
- Assist all locations with questions related to Payroll
- Work with HR to ensure W-2's are handled in a timely and efficient manner
- Look for ways to automate processes to ensure accuracy
What you'll need:
- 5+years of professional payroll processing experience
- Proficient in MS Office
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, organize efficiently & be deadline driven
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description