Senior Revenue Accountant at GoHealth (Chicago, IL)
GoHealth is actively seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Accounting team. This is a brand new role for our team and this person will provide critical support to the company’s revenue recognition process. In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Prepare journal entries, schedules, reconciliations and analytics for the monthly, quarterly and annual close
- Collaborate with multiple constituencies across the organization, including the Revenue Operations, Advanced Data Analytics, FP&A, and Commissions teams for the monthly close
- Assist in a rigorous process to validate and review the calculation of variable consideration at the point of revenue recognition and in subsequent periods to identify the need for adjustments
- Assist in developing revenue-related KPIs that are meaningful to senior management
- Compile audit workpapers as requested by internal and external auditors
- Support special projects and process improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- CPA preferred but not required
- A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in public accounting or public company environment or mix
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup etc.), and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports.
- Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines while maintaining a high quality product
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, decision-making and judgment
- Demonstrates accountability to personal work product
- Knowledge of technical accounting concepts and understanding of internal controls preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medicare, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- GoHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.