Senior Revenue Accountant at SPINS LLC
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
This Senior Revenue Accountant will be a key member of the accounting team, with a focus on revenue accounting and processes. This position reports to the Revenue Accounting Manager.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual financial closes and reporting processes
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Use multiple systems to manage and track everything from deferred revenue to approval of contracts
- Develop, enhance and monitor accounting policies and processes to scale with SPINS
- Assist with special projects and provide support to other positions in the department, collaborating cross-functionally to improve business results
- Act as a point of reference for business partners by answering accounting and financial questions through researching and interpreting data
- Analyze revenue fluctuations on a monthly and ad-hoc basis
- Assist in the annual audit
- Assist in annual financial statement preparation
What you bring.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- 4+ years of experience, Big 4 experience preferred
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce preferred
- Ability to partner well with cross functional teams
- Highly detail-oriented and organized individual with the ability to manage multiple assignments and work with tight deadlines
- Ability to expand job responsibilities, suggest improvements, and collaborate with others to generate ideas for improved processes
- Strong systems and technology experience to enable you and your team to leverage process automation where you can drive ROI
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
- Company contributes to Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Convenient location at 222 W. Hubbard (between Wells & Orleans) with easy access to CTA and Metra in Chicago
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more