Senior Staff Accountant
SpotHero is seeking an innovative, organized and detail-oriented Senior Staff Accountant to fill a position in our growing Accounting & Finance team. The position will report to the Accounting Manager and lead all revenue processes and play a vital role in the month end close. In this role, you will maintain the general ledger around revenue, deferred revenue and receivables and ensure data integrity in addition to providing much needed support in the day-to-day accounting operations. This role offers an opportunity to work closely with cross-functional teams, be consistently challenged, and to develop one’s skills in all aspects of accounting.
Who we are: SpotHero is one of transportation's hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do?
- Process monthly journal entries as necessary to maintain accurate account balances
- Perform monthly account analysis and reconciliations, including balance sheet and expense accounts. Investigation/resolution of reconciling items on a timely basis
- Prepare the monthly reporting of fixed asset additions, disposals or change notices.
- Perform and continually improve routines, systems, and procedures, with a high emphasis on process efficiency and data integrity.
- Daily and monthly revenue reconciliation across multiple channels and sources
- Prepare billing for and report on partnership revenue share agreements
- Reconcile bookings, billings and revenue on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc basis
- Preparation of related schedules for external auditors
- Assist management with audit and tax requests
- Collaborate with other departments including Sales, Product and Engineering. Communicate effectively with non-accounting teams.
- Specific projects and other ad hoc assignments as required
- Analytical. You pursue insights that provide thoughtful answers to complex problems.
- Motivated. You take ownership of your work and are comfortable working without a lot of direction.
- Inquisitive. Innovative and resourceful; you’re constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Organized. You have great follow-through on tasks, top-notch attention to detail, and superior organizational skills.
- A strong communicator. Your verbal and written communication is direct, effective, and informative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of accounting experience; start-up work experience a plus
- Experience with accounting software required
- Proficiency in use of BI tools such as Looker
- Sound understanding of US GAAP and month end close processes
- Strong understanding of revenue accounting rules under ASC 605 and ASC 606
- CPA a plus
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.