Senior Tax Analyst
Responsible for providing support on state income and sales and use tax audits. Actively monitors developments within business operations and provide recommendations on related tax matters. Collaborates with other Corporate Departments as necessary. Assists in minimizing tax liability through best practices and knowledge of tax laws and regulations. Provides proficiency within a tax function by interpreting business issues and applying best practices. Assists in solving tax problems and serves as an experienced resource to provide new perspectives and identify solutions.
- Prepares tax filings and/or responses to tax auditor inquiries and analyzes various tax laws, regulations and procedures.
- Responsible for implementing projects related to tax filings and audits. Analyzes and summarizes tax information and prepares reports.
- Collaborates with internal departments and external consultants, as required.
- Serves as the tax liaison to business units/subsidiaries.
- Assists and participates in the transition planning and implementation of procedures for new tax processes. Provides changes or enhancements to ensure “best practice” policies and procedures to gain synergies across all lines of business units.
- Supports team in the formulation of analyses and recommendations relating to assigned tax area.
- Participates in projects and process improvements for the department.
- Mentors and develops tax analysis.
- Third party audit requests are in compliance with government regulations and contract terms. Addresses issues / claims and corrects error root-causes.
- Maintains active communication of tax results and issues.
- Assists and participates in mergers & acquisitions, and tax planning initiatives.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Our purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives.
Walgreens Boots Alliance was created through the combination of Walgreens and Alliance Boots in December 2014. This transaction brought together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted healthcare services through pharmaceutical wholesaling and community pharmacy care, dating back more than 100 years.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the USA and Europe. Walgreens Boots Alliance and the companies in which it has equity method investments together have a presence in more than 25* countries and employ more than 400,000* people. The company is a global leader in pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retail and, together with the companies in which it has equity method investments, has over 13,200* stores in 11* countries as well as one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with over 390* distribution centers delivering to more than 230,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries. In addition, Walgreens Boots Alliance is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of experience with public accounting, corporate tax and/or accounting at a firm, State department of revenue or company OR a high school diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience with public accounting, corporate tax and/or accounting at a firm, State department of revenue or company.
- At least 1 year of experience analyzing and reporting financial data.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years’ experience with public accounting, corporate tax and/or accounting at a firm, State department of revenue or company OR a high school diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience with public accounting, corporate tax and/or accounting at a firm, State department of revenue or company.
- Experience in accounting system data retrieval.
- Experience developing written communications.
- Experience providing support on state income and sales and use tax audits.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel that includes Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, Vlookups, and creating custom formulas.