Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
We are seeking a tax generalist to be the first dedicated Senior Tax Analyst on the team and manage all day-to-day aspects of Reverb’s tax department. You will be responsible for driving all global tax activities within the Finance organization, the focus primarily being on indirect tax. This role will oversee end-to-end compliance operations at Reverb, including tax computation, payment, and exposure analysis. Since you’re stepping into a newly created role at Reverb, the opportunity for ownership and impact is significant! You will collaborate closely with our parent company’s internal tax department and own all associated reporting.
- Oversee and manage VAT/GST/Sales/Use tax compliance and related issues
- Resolve IT help-desk tickets related to sales & use maintenance and serve as the point of contact for sales & use tax-related customer service questions.
- Coordinate and assist in the maintenance and reconciliation of accrued sales & use tax liabilities.
- Monitor current tax developments and practices, which would affect our various indirect tax liabilities.
- Manage annual 1099 and 1099K filing processes
- Support Etsy Tax in the preparation and review of federal, state and foreign income tax returns
- Support the VP, Finance, Etsy Tax, and operational business partners with special projects and requests such as the R&D credit study
- Manage and maintain inter-company agreement/calculation, transfer pricing structure, documentation, and global TP policies
- Manage tax audits, including coordinating the preparation of responses to document requests, preparation of appeals and other correspondence.
- Monitor and analyze notices and correspondences from various state governments and coordinate the proper responses.
- Be a critical thinker and team player-- we are a small team, and we take an all-hands approach to problem-solving.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and 5+ years experience in the field, including previous experience in corporate sales and use tax environment
- CPA or equivalent professional work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with Avalara tax compliance software
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- A keen eye for detail that makes it difficult for mistakes to get past you
- Retail or eCommerce experience strongly preferred
What we offer:
To complement our competitive compensation and equity plans we offer:
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative is valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment
- 401k with company match.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Volunteering Time Off policy.
- Bi-monthly lunches.
- A MacBookAir, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and stand-up desk.
Read Full Job Description