Senior Tax Analyst at Reverb
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides students, teachers, and leaders of music programs across the world with instruments they need.
- Oversee and manage VAT/GST/Sales/Use tax compliance and related issues
- Resolve IT help-desk tickets related to sales & use maintenance and serve as the point of contact for sales & use tax-related customer service questions.
- Coordinate and assist in the maintenance and reconciliation of accrued sales & use tax liabilities.
- Monitor current tax developments and practices, which would affect our various indirect tax liabilities.
- Manage annual 1099 and 1099K filing processes
- Support Etsy Tax in the preparation and review of federal, state and foreign income tax returns
- Support the VP, Finance, Etsy Tax, and operational business partners with special projects and requests such as the R&D credit study
- Manage and maintain inter-company agreement/calculation, transfer pricing structure, documentation, and global TP policies
- Manage tax audits, including coordinating the preparation of responses to document requests, preparation of appeals and other correspondence.
- Monitor and analyze notices and correspondences from various state governments and coordinate the proper responses.
- Be a critical thinker and team player-- we are a small team, and we take an all-hands approach to problem-solving.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and 5+ years experience in the field, including previous experience in corporate sales and use tax environment
- CPA or equivalent professional work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with Avalara tax compliance software
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- A keen eye for detail that makes it difficult for mistakes to get past you
- Retail or eCommerce experience strongly preferred
About our compensation and benefits
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A flexible take it as you need it PTO policy
- 12 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to you community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off