Senior Technical Accountant at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
What We're Looking For
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Accountant to join our growing Technical Accounting team. This individual will be involved with the research and documentation of accounting policy and complex accounting issues as well as become a key collaborator to the SEC Reporting team. The ideal candidate will have been exposed to complex accounting areas and financial reporting.
This role will report directly to the Senior Manager, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting and have exposure to Finance leadership.
What You'll Do
- Assist in the research and documentation of complex and non-routine technical accounting matters including but not limited to stock-based compensation and lease accounting.
- Consider the implication of new accounting pronouncements relevant to the Company on the financial statements, disclosures, and current accounting policies.
- Review external filings to ensure compliance to US GAAP and SEC Regulations
- Assist with the preparation of the Statement of Cash Flows and Stockholders’ Equity
- Interact with internal/external auditors during quarterly reviews and year-end audit, as well as regarding technical accounting topics and/or new accounting pronouncements.
- Participate in ad hoc projects requiring specialized accounting.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required plus CPA certification.
- 2+ years in public accounting
- Experience with Workiva, Netsuite, and/or Adaptive is a plus
- Experience researching accounting issues and drafting technical memos a plus
- Critical thinker and detailed oriented that thoroughly evaluates potential accounting implications associated with a particular issue
- Highly organized and results-oriented and works well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet tight timelines and manage multiple priorities
- Highly self-motivated, detailed oriented, flexible team player that is able to operate independently
- Solid verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.